
First thing's first, Mika Miko can't really stay consistent with their style. I was *mildly* disappointed with this album. There weren't as many melodies or even just actual singing on this album. I mean no hooks, no catchiness, nadda. The only thing apparent in the album was the vibe. Vibe doesn't really mean much in an album anyways; sure the rhythm makes you wanna get into a bar-fight and be a punk but it doesn't grab your attention.
Mika Miko did chose a good opener though. It gave you a nice feeling of "oh, this is how the album is going to sound; raw energy" but you really get tired of that sound when you hear it twelve times. The thing I liked about their debut C.S.L.A.B.Y.F. was that it had both the raw punk energy and the catchiness of a pop album put together, it even had some no-wavey parts to it. But their current release We Be Xuxa just killed it a little. The next track comes in "Turkey Sandwich", now I'm really gonna take this seriously. The vocalist (there are two but this one is worse) just starts screaming "I WANT TUR-" and then a goofy voice that's too up-front comes in "KEY SANDWICH!" There are few more of the tracks afterwards that have the same shtick as previous. Then "Totion" comes in and it finally changes there style just a tad bit. It has a more no-wavey feel, like Mutators.
But the vibe is ruined once again by the next few tracks. Another track with a different and no-wave feel comes in and is somewhat impressive. This track is entitled "Sex Jazz", I've heard it before but only live. Hearing it live was a lot better than what I was hearing. I wasn't sure why but then I realized that when it's live it's faster and you have a visual of the crowd and band and you want to dance to it and join mosh pits and stuff like that. That was the biggest problem with their music, it was intended to be heard and seen live. SO, moral of the story, buy the album AFTER you see them live.



http://www.facildownloads.com.br download musics of xuxa
ReplyDeletedownload
ReplyDelete