
Tickley Feather's side man, Adam Cooper's solo project is deserving of more recognition than it got, as I actually haven't heard or seen of it getting any. Mr. Cooper is a great guy to talk to and a great sideman and other than that I don't really know much else about him. What I will say is if you want to listen to his stuff he has a myspace and if you email him, he's very obliging and will give you mp3s for free.
Now to his album: You Will Be Recycled has no set tracklisting according to its creator and to arrange it whatever way you like. The reason you can do this is because most of the tracks can stand on their own two feet as a piece of music and/or art. The man hops genres and styles with ease, going from the clearly punk influenced "Still 2," to synth/electronica wonder "Bon Jordano." There's absolutely no escaping that Cooper has talent to spare, the guitar playing and riffs alone are each perfectly formed and specifically tailored to the song which they are assigned.
There are, as with any album, aspects of it I don't like and indeed tracks which I consider weak and ungrounded. The only one on this album I dislike is "In Turcoise." I don't like the vocal track on it just because with all the other noise elements on the track, don't feel that a slurred vocal full of fuzz is going to add anything. Indeed in my opinion it just lets the song structure collapse but I'm sure some people will like it.
This album is a shorty with most tracks lasting not much over a minute and several well under but this, in an odd way, makes it feel punchy and to point. It's part punk, part electronica, part indie and part noise. It's all around gorgeous as a whole and nearly all around gorgeous going track by track. Email him and get the album, I really don't think you'll be disappointed, there is something for everyone here.



No comments:
Post a Comment